- a Math Educator
- an Instructional Leader
- an Assessment Specialist
- a Technology Integration Consultant
- a life-long learner.
As a Math Educator, Patty implements research-based instructional strategies to support student learning and achievement.
- 20+ years experience in education, including 17 years in the classroom
- 12 years as an AP certified Calculus AB instructor
- National Board Certified Teacher in AYA-Math
- WA State Teacher Certification in Mathematics
- Documented student success and achievement
As an Instructional Leader, Patty supports teacher learning and growth.
- Develop and facilitate professional development for teachers at the school, district and state levels
- Experienced presenter and training facilitator at school, district, state and regional levels
As an Assessment Specialist, Patty is experienced with state-level assessment development, district-level assessment programs, and the use of formative and summative assessments in the classroom to evaluate student learning.
- Responsible for test development activities for state End-of-Course math assessments as the High School Math Assessment Specialist for OSPI
- Currently responsible for district secondary math common assessment development and analysis
- Implement research-based formative assessment and “Grade For Learning” practices at the classroom, school and district level to support student learning and achievement
As a Technology Integration Consultant, Patty helps teachers integrate technology to support content delivery, implementation of research-based instruction and ultimately, student learning and achievement.
- Masters degree in Educational Technology
- WA State teaching certification in Instructional Technology
- Experience teaching students and adults in 1-to-1, online and blended environments
- Specializes in instructional technology integration by both students and teachers to support student learning
- Desmos Teaching Fellow
- Recipient and participant in several pioneering ed tech grants and projects: Qwest Foundation Learning Technology Grant, Sustainable Classroom Grant, Teacher Leadership Project (Gates Grant), TELDEC Grant
- Tech skills include Socrative, Camtasia Studio, Moodle, Desmos
As a life-long learner, Patty continually researches new instructional and assessment practices and education technologies that support student learning.
- I am a Desmos Teaching Fellow!
- I am learning more about Desmos Computation Layer through the Desmos PLCs I facilitate.
- This year I explored Peter Liljedahl’s Building Thinking Classrooms with K-12 teachers.
View my resume or selected projects for more information about projects, trainings and presentations, or view Patty’s LinkedIn profile.